Free Expressions Chat Room
Interested in sharing pages or brainstorming story conundrums, free of charge, with a member of the Free Expressions staff?
In an effort to give back to the writing community, Lorin and/or special guest will be hosting two types of chat sessions here on the Free Expressions website: Open House or Feedback Sessions.
Open House: These sessions will be open to anyone who would like to participate. During this time, you can ask craft questions or brainstorm ideas, with discussion open to everyone in the chat room.
Feedback Sessions: These sessions will focus on free editorial feedback, answer craft questions, and brainstorm plot issues. During each session, we'll offer four open slots, of up to 40 minutes in length. These sessions will focus on a single writer's manuscript sample and/or questions.
Sign-ups are on a first-come, first served basis. Preference will be given to writers who haven't had an appointment within the last month, ensuring access for as many people as possible.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and one of the following items for Lorin to live critique/discuss:
- Up to the first five pages of your manuscript
- Your query letter
- A 1-2 page synopsis
- An issue you'd like to brainstorm (please send a summary of your topic, 500 words max)
- Up to five questions about writing, editing or publishing
We'll add you to the week's calendar and send you a designated appointment time. Please be sure to be prompt to get the most out of your session!
Chat Room Etiquette:
- During preassigned Feedback Sessions: Please don't type in the chat room unless you are the writer whose session is underway.
Lorin and/or the guest speaker are the only people giving feedback during the sessions.
- During Open House: Be polite and share the speaker's time!
Thanks for taking part in our new chat room program!